Seattle Center programs Student Showcases in order to provide entertainment as part of seasonal events, and to give public and private schools and youth performance groups the opportunity to share their artistic accomplishments with family, friends and the public.
During the submission periods listed below, applications will be accepted for the following:
Winterfest 2014 - The application submission period is now closed.
Event Dates: November 29 - December 31
Application Submission period begins: September 2
Applications processed: September - October (or until full)
Permits mailed: Early November
Application Submission period begins: January 5
Applications processed: January - February (or until full)
Permits mailed: Early March
- The Student Showcase application can be submitted on Survey Monkey using the link at the bottom of the page. Complete the application, then click the submit button. If you wish to receive a copy of your application, you may request this on the last page of the application and it will be emailed to you by the Student Showcase Coordinator. The Survey Monkey website does not provide application copies and will not send a confirmation of application receipt email.
- If your application is incorrect, incomplete, you request dates that are listed as unavailable or if you request performances for more than one group and do not submit the appropriate number of applications, your application will not be processed or put into the "cue" for date/time consideration until amended applications are received.
- Applications may only be submitted during the above listed application submission period for each event.
- If you are a new applicant and you are not a public/private k-12 school, you must submit a video of your group's performance showing costumes and music lyrics of the planned performance.
- Dates/times are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. No guarantees are made based on prior participation.
- You may apply for up to 45 minutes during Winterfest, and up to 1 hour during Whirligig.
- If you are applying for more than one group (choir, band, orchestra, 2 bands, etc.), you must fill out one application for each group. Once you have completed the first application, the next one will auto-fill duplicate info entered in many data fields once you begin to type.
- Click here to view "Currently Available" performance dates/times. Please check to see if a desired date/time is open before filling out an application.
- Visit the FAQs for performance procedures, conditions and answers to common questions.
- A Stage Set-up Diagram must be submitted as soon as you receive a performance date/time offer.
- Applicants that do not submit their Stage Set-up Diagram in the time frame and typed as requested will not receive date/time priority consideration for future Student showcase series regardless of application submission date.
- If you have any changes to your application (i.e. number of students performing, performance date/time, technical requirements etc.) or if your contact information has changed, please notify us ASAP at StudentShowcases@seattle.gov
- The Armory is a family friendly location that is open to the general public. Performances must be appropriate for all ages.
Student Showcases are free performances for youth-based performance groups only. Adult groups and groups that seek compensation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Groups that intend to charge an admission fee, please contact Seattle Center Event Sales at email@example.com or 206-684-7202 for more information about renting a facility.
CLICK HERE to go to the application on Survey Monkey for the currently open Student Showcase series only.