Seattle Center programs Student Showcases in order to provide entertainment as part of seasonal events, and to give public and private schools and youth performance groups the opportunity to share their artistic accomplishments with family, friends and the public.
During the submission periods listed below, applications will be accepted for the following:
Event Dates: November 28 - December 31
Application Submission period begins: September 1
Applications processed: September - October (or until full)
Permits mailed: Early November
Event Dates: April 1 - 17
Application Submission period begins: January 4
Applications processed: January - February (or until full)
Permits mailed: Early March
At this time Seattle Center is unable to provide Student Showcase performance opportunities on the Armory stage outside of the above scheduled series dates.
- To submit a Student Showcase application, download the WORD application document using the link at the bottom of the page. Complete and save the application, then follow the instructions on the first page of the application under "Application Process" to submit your application(s).
- If your application is incorrect, incomplete, you request dates that are listed as unavailable or if you request performances for more than one group and do not submit the appropriate number of applications, your application will not be processed or put into the "cue" for date/time consideration until an amended application(s) is received.
- Applications may only be submitted during the above listed application submission period.
- If you are a new applicant and you are not a public/private k-12 school, you must submit a video of your group's performance showing costumes and include lyrics for all planned recorded music.
- Dates/times are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. No guarantees are made based on prior participation.
- You may apply for up to a 45 min. performance slot during Winterfest, and up to 60 min. during Whirligig. Performance requests must be for at least a 15 min. time slot. (Do not include set-up and tear down time).
- If you are applying for more than one group (choir, band, orchestra, 2 bands, etc.), you must fill out one application for each group.
- Please provide contact information for the school/organization and the performance group lead (i.e. band/choir director, etc). If you are completing the application but you are not the group lead, please list your contact info under "Additional Contacts". Do not list personal or other organizational contact info (i.e. tour company) as the main contact info. Doing so will delay the processing of your application.
- Applicants are expected to fill all of the performance time requested. If your performance needs change, please notify us ASAP. Groups that do not fully utilize their requested performance time may not be scheduled for future performances.
- Click here to view "Currently Available" performance dates/times. Please check to see if a desired date/time is open before filling out an application.
- Visit the FAQs for performance procedures, conditions and answers to common questions.
- A Stage Set-up Diagram must be submitted as soon as you receive a performance date/time offer.
- Applicants that do not submit their Stage Set-up Diagram in the time frame and typed as requested will not receive date/time priority consideration for future Student Showcase series regardless of application submission date.
- If you have any changes to your application (i.e. number of students performing, performance date/time, technical requirements etc.) or if your contact information has changed, please notify us ASAP at StudentShowcases@seattle.gov
- The Armory is a family friendly location that is open to the general public. Performances must be appropriate for all ages.
Student Showcases are free performances for youth-based performance groups only. Adult groups and groups that seek compensation, please contact email@example.com. Groups that intend to charge an admission fee, please contact Seattle Center Event Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-684-7202 for more information about renting a facility.
CLICK HERE to download the WORD document application for the currently open Student Showcase series only.