In lieu of a cancelled in-person event, the festival is offering a virtual presentation. Sea Mar Fiestas Patrias is part of the Virtual Festál 2020 series.
Tune in September 12th & September 13th for livestream events, starting at 12:30 p.m. both days. Continue the celebration by following Sea Mar social media September 14th – 18th for new posts every day celebrating their Latin American cultures on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Check out more details in the schedule below!
Saturday, September 12, 2020 starting at 12:30pm:
Sea Mar Fiestas Patrias Livestream Film
- Opening remarks from City of Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan, Seattle Center Director Robert Nellams, and Sea Mar Fiestas Patrias Committee Chairman Jorge Madrazo
- Presentation from local Latin American Consulates: México, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Peru and Chile
- Video by Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) México City about the University Museum of Contempary Art
- Virtual visit to the Sea Mar Museum of Chicano/a/Latino/a Culture
Sunday, September 13, 2020 starting at 12:30pm:
Virtual Zumba Fitness Convention Presented by Sea Mar’s “We Move to Give” Team
- 12:30 p.m. – Opening remarks from Sea Mar
- 1:00 p.m. – Zumba Kids
- 2:00 p.m. – Zumba Gold (for senior citizens)
- 3:00 p.m. – Zumba Master Class
- 4:45 p.m. – Closing remarks (Raffle prizes)
Monday, September 14- Friday, September 18, 2020
Find something new every day on Sea Mar’s social media on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Sea Mar will be sharing snippets of the Fiestas Patrias Film and highlighting the Independence Days, traditional dances, and recipes of Latin American countries including Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Peru and Chile.