New Seattle Center Monorail fare categories and rates are proposed to go into effect on October 7, 2019 to coincide, where applicable, with the acceptance of ORCA as a fare payment option for riding the Monorail.
Here are details of the proposed fare changes:
- Adult one-way, currently (Ages 13-64) $2.50, changes to (Ages 19-64) $3.00
- Youth one-way, currently (Ages 5-12) $1.25, changes to (Ages 5-18) $1.50
- Reduced rate, currently $1.25, changes to $1.50
- Adult monthly pass (non-ORCA), currently $50.00, changes to $60.00
- Reduced rate monthly pass (non-ORCA), currently $25.00, changes to $30.00
- Children 5 and younger ride for free
Those who qualify for reduced rates include: ORCA LIFT and RRFP card holders and non-ORCA seniors (65 years and older), people with disabilities, Medicare Card holders, and U.S. military with valid ID. Round trip tickets are available for purchase for cash/credit card customers only at twice the price of a one-way ticket. Credit card surcharge may apply for credit card transactions.
To request translation services or accommodation for persons with disabilities, please call 206-684-7200.
The public is invited to comment on the fare changes by emailing Denise Wells or by phone: 206-615-0258, through Wednesday, September 18, 2019.
Comments will also be accepted at a Public Meeting on September 11, 2019 at 5:30 pm at Seattle Center Armory, Loft 4 conference room.
For media inquiries, please email Deborah Daoust or by phone: 206-769-0259.
Si necesita traducir esta información al español, llame al 206-684-7200.
如果您需要此信息翻譯成中文 請致電 206-684-7200.
이 내용의 번역본이 필요하신 경우206-684-7200 으로 연락하시기 바랍니다.
Please submit requests five days in advance of public meeting.