The City of Seattle, through its Seattle Center Department, seeks to identify a well-qualified Wireless Infrastructure Provider (WIP) that will be responsible for managing the design, installation, deployment, operation, upgrading/reinvestment, and maintenance of privately owned cellular wireless infrastructure to deliver high-quality service to visitors of Seattle Center. The City will not own the infrastructure; it intends to lease space to the WIP so that the WIP may install privately owned and operated equipment. The network design must meet the needs of a high-traffic campus that experiences surges of users during events and gatherings.
Only one WIP will be allowed at the Center. This Request for Proposal (RFP) process is intended to result in the selection of a single WIP. The selected WIP will be expected to attract and support the full participation of other service providers to use the WIP infrastructure.
As well as meeting the objectives outlined in this RFP, Proposals should reflect and support Seattle Center’s Purpose Statement: Seattle Center creates exceptional events, experiences, and environments that delight and inspire the human spirit to build stronger communities.
The City will evaluate Proposals in the context of this purpose and the objectives outlined in the RFP. The City requests that Respondents craft creative Proposals considering the City’s goals.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Documents
RFP Schedule (updated Tuesday, November 15, 2022)
- Release RFP - October 14, 2022
- Q&A (remote) - October 31, 2022
- Site Walks - November 3, 2022 and November 7, 2022
- Last Day for Respondent Questions - November 21, 2022
- Proposals Due - December 14, 2022 at 5:00pm PT
- Determination of Respondent Shortlist - January 13, 2023
- Last Day for Responses by Shortlisted Respondents - January 23, 2023
- Presentations by Proposers to the Review Committee - January 17, 2023 - January 30, 2023
- Selection - February 28, 2023
* Note: Project dates are subject to change.
RFP Supporting Documents
- Questions and Answers
- Light Pole and Fixtures
- Floor Plans